Thursday, September 15, 2011

HTC Inspire 4G; Wasted Potential...(Review)

And when I say wasted potential, I mean it. The HTC Inspire 4G could be such a great smart phone, but why didn't they make it as good as it could be? Who knows, I don't... Running Android 2.2, The Inspire's massive 4.3 touch screen is a wonderful addition for the AT&T family. With a 1GHZ processor, there is barley any lag when switching from screen to screen on HTC's Sense UI. However, I feel that HTC missed an opportunity on making this phone better.

If you are an Inspire owner than I've felt your pain. This has been my personal phone for about 5 months now and one of the major complaints I have is battery life sucks... I'll be happy if I get through 6 hours on heavy use or even 8 hours on light use. The large screen is nice but its a killer on the very small 1250mAh battery. A phone this size needs at least 1500mAh to last most of the day.

The inspire comes standard with an 8MP dual LED flash on the back, and man, that thing can get bright. Picture quality is great. Here's a picture I took when I first got the phone.



However the Inspire 4G is lacking a front facing camera. Not a big deal for me but when there are other phones out there that have one, why get one that doesn't?

The exterior of the phone is a very nice brushed aluminum with plastic battery/sim card doors. However, because of the design of the battery door its impossible for a larger size battery to be inserted. You'll have to spend a lot of money on a "Higher Capacity" battery which have the same dimensions(I bought 2 and neither helped). Lastly, the external speaker for notification and video sounds isn't that loud. Even on max volume.

Other than that the call quality is amazing, the phone is very responsive, camera takes excellent shots, video is great, and at a low price of $49.99 (in some places), I cant complain.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards,
    Electronics and gadgets

    ReplyDelete